Last Modified: August 31, 2018
Collection of Personal and Business Information
To establish an account with us, we collect your personal and business information including, but not limited to, your:
- Full name;
- Business name(s);
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the Website and Service;
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Website and Service, for example, your browser information and session duration;
- Profile photos, business logos and trademarks (where you elect to upload them);
- Payment, banking and credit card information; and
- All other information you provide on our Website or Service or otherwise.
Third-party Service Providers may have their own privacy policies on the collection and use of your information which either we or you provide them.
The Use of Your Personal Information
The collection of your personal information may also be used to:
- Facilitate the operation of the Website and Service, including providing your personal and business information to third-party service providers and contractors;
- Verify your contact information;
- Promote our Website and Service offerings to you in various forms of communication;
- Support and improve the Website and Service we offer;
- Provide user support;
- Communicate with you about your account or services we offer;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Provide to payment processors, including credit card payment processors;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials from us or our partners to you;
- To meet legal requirements;
- To provide information to representatives, marketing partners and advisors;
- To enforce compliance with any terms and conditions and applicable law; and
- Enhance our Service offerings to you and offer you related products and services, whether by advertisements or otherwise.
IN ADDITION, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROVIDE YOUR CONTENT AND INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOUR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS INFORMATION) UPLOADED OR COLLECTED BY OUR WEBSITE, SERVICE OR OTHERWISE TO THIRD PARTIES IF REQUIRED BY LAW (SUCH AS IN RESPONSE TO A SUBPOENA, COURT ORDER OR OTHER LEGAL PROCESS IN ANY JURISDICTION), AND TO COOPERATE WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES IN THE INVESTIGATION OF ANY CRIMINAL OR CIVIL MATTER.
IF WE ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO MAKE ANY DISCLOSURE OF YOUR CONTENT OR PERSONAL OR BUSINESS INFORMATION, WE MAY (BUT ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO) PROVIDE YOU WITH WRITTEN NOTICE (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW) PRIOR TO SUCH DISCLOSURE SO THAT YOU MAY TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.
The Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Access to It
We may share your personal and business information to our suppliers, advertisers, partners and employees to use that information in connection with one or more of the purposes for which that personal information was collected.
We also operate the Website and Service in conjunction with our independent contractors. Our independent contractors may have access to your personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to the Website and Service. We may use a variety of service providers, servers, advertisers or employees in locations both inside and outside of Canada, which may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
We may also disclose your personal information to our successors (if our business or the Service is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and Service.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. If you would like to review what information we currently have on file related to your account, or you, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Website and websites we build for you as part of our Service, may place a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer. Disabling cookies on your web browser may interrupt the proper use of the Website and Service.